Sunday, June 10, 2018

Busy week


Josie and I had a successful trip out to Utah at the beginning of the week. I hate traveling with all of Josie's stuff, but I love it once we arrived. Despite calling ahead to the airport, we had a bit of trouble getting the disability assistance we had arranged previously. I find the airport staff and TSA difficult to deal with and the flight attendants on the plane super helpful. She cried a bit on the way home, but once we landed, 3 other passenger offered kindness or assistance.
Her medical study only took about 4-5 hours. We were there for 2.5 days. We went to the The Porcupine Restaurant, the zoo, Red Butte Gardens, and The Natural History Museum. It was wonderful seeing lots of the local sites. I was extremely organized with her food and medical supplies, so it all went pretty smoothly while we were there.
At the end of the week, I had my older daughter's graduation party. I can't believe high school is behind her now, and she goes to college orientation tomorrow.  All 4 of my kids were home together which doesn't happen very often and makes me so happy. The party went smoothly though it was super hot as we set up at the park. I loved seeing her have fun with her friends. They played on the same playground equipment she has been playing on since she could walk and they went down the hill and waded in the creek. My friend brought her daughter who just turned one and started walking earlier this week. I spend a lot more time with kids who are not typically developing, so I was fascinated watching her walk and play with her baby doll. Many little kids don't pay much attention to Josie, but this little sweetheart held her hand and patted her leg and just wanted to be near her. I loved seeing them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment